Discover Sancerre and its famous wine from the comfort of your own home!
Price: 25€ per screen (maximum of 2 people per screen)
Duration: lasts 1 hour
We will learn how to taste wine, including how taste itself is just a small part of the whole sensory experience. You’ll be amazed at what you can discover before you even take a sip!
We’ll talk about Sancerre’s unique ‘terroir’ and the surprising effect this can have on what you’re tasting. We’ll also discuss the area’s fascinating past and talk through the secrets you can uncover just by looking at your wine bottle’s label.
We’ll also unearth the great mystery of Châteaumeillant’s Roman wine amphoras (terracotta wine holders) – a unique find which has puzzled historians for many years and remains unanswered even today.
Finally, I’ll share with you my top food and wine matching tips with some fun activities, as well as touching on the difference between old and new-world wines. So you’ll know exactly what wine to have when you’re at a restaurant or cooking a special meal at home.
So grab your bottle of wine, plate up your cheese and sit back and relax, while we enjoy an evening in with a difference!
What will I need to take part?
- A computer, tablet or smartphone (the bigger the screen, the more immersive the experience, so although a smartphone can work, I would recommend using something larger)
- A fast internet connection (if you’ve successfully used video calling in the past, you should be OK)
- A bottle of Sancerre (or a bottle of any Sauvignon Blanc will do if you can’t get hold of Sancerre)
- A piece of goat’s cheese (plus a baguette or crackers to go with it, if you like)
- A sheet of white paper (a white wall would also be fine)
- A little bit of salt and sugar (in separate containers)
*The recommended wine and cheese are not mandatory, but they do increase the fun!
Every Thursday and Friday at 6pm UK time (7pm France time) and 11am UK time (specially designed for Australian participants but anyone who wants a prelunch glass of the wine in the UK is also welcome to join :))
Get in touch to book your online experience.
The experience will take place on Google Meet. After you’ve booked, I’ll send you a link to click to join the event.
Spots are per screen, with a maximum of two people per screen (over 18s only).
There will be a maximum of five other screens (10 other people) at the event with you. If you would like to book for a private party/ a different time slot, just let me know.
I can accept bigger parties upon request.